Monday, July 1, 2013

Setting up MathJax for Blogger

I plan on bringing a lot of mathematical content to this blog in the future and using standard text editor symbols to display equations just won't cut it right now.  It's not as easy to read a long equation using standard symbols such as 15x^2 * 23 / 12 = exp(x* 12) and it gets even hairier when attempting to explain integration or anything beyond basic arithmetic.  So I'm playing around with adding MathJax functionality to this blog.  A quick google search led me to this great and simple solution at stackexchange.com:  http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/13865/how-to-use-latex-on-blogspot/13868#13868
Just drop that puppy directly into the HTML template header and you should be able to use LaTeX right away.

So just as a test I'm posting the formula for the quadratic equation.

When $a \ne 0$, there are two solutions to \(ax^2 + bx + c = 0\) and they are $$x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}.$$


That should render rather nicely so let me know if it doesn't look so pretty on your end.

Oh, btw, the equation I mentioned in the opening should look like this: $$15x^2 \cdot \frac{23}{12}=e^{12x}$$
Isn't that much more lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment